Keeping It Totally Simple: Deploy Heimdall
Summary: Deploy a kubernetes cluster using docker as the container engine and FreeNas for the persistent storage service. Deploy heimdall workload and keep all your important links in one place. Enjoy!
- Deploy Ubuntu Server as Host
- Deploy FreeNas Server ( skip if you don't want to use NFS)
- Install Rancher on Ubuntu
- Enable ZFS Pool and create a Generic dataset
- Set the user and group as the same user on the Ubuntu server
- Create Rancher cluster and deploy nodes for etcd, controlplane, and worker
- Setup Persistent Storage to NFSv4 share
- Deploy heimdall and bind persistent storage to use as a volume
- Verify http/https ports are open and PUID and PGUID are set to 1000
To understand the permissions with FreeNas more watch this video.
Watch this video understand how to setup Rancher.